We aim to cater for the needs of all who visit us, as far as is practical, within our Mansion Guest House. We have some limitations for disabled access due to the age of the property and its inherent construction, therefore our guesthouse cannot be considered for Wheelchair Access or for anyone who cannot climb stairs. Our 3 storey Guest House is set on a quiet road which is approximately 1,500 metres from the main Cardigan to Aberystwyth trunk road allowing easy access to main thoroughfare whilst maintaining the peacefulness of a country location.
- We have 5 guest bedrooms, 2 of which are on the 1st floor. The other 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. All decor and fittings are bright and modern and wide period doors enable easy access to all rooms, typically 80 to 90 cm wide.
- We have a web site. Wi-Fi access is free and we rooms are wired for to Cat5 network standard.
- We are approx 1.6km mile from the city centre - a walk of approx. 10 mins downhill on paved pathway. The walk back uphill can be avoided by catching the bus from town which stops at the end of Caemorgan road.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- We have two large entrance double gates which are normally open.
- The inner front glass door is normally closed, and after dusk the outer door is closed; there is a bell on the right hand side of the door. We can assist guests with luggage.
- Our car park is at the front of the house with one space reserved for vehicles displaying a Disabled Parking permit. We have ample on site parking a few feet away from the main entrance
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 2.00pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are 4 steps up to the front porch, with breakfast room /lounge/dining room on the ground floor.
- On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration form and are then shown to their rooms and our facilities are explained.
- Our common areas WC is on a half landing up a short flight of stairs.
- All bedrooms have private ensuite facilities
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- The ground floor corridor leads to the private area.
- The covering on the stairs and upstairs corridors and bedrooms is short-pile fitted carpet. There is a straight 13 stairs leading to the 1st floor to a small landing followed by a further 3 stairs straight on to room 3 & 4. Turning left after the13 stairs there are 4 stairs leading to rooms 1 and 2.
- The Dining Room is situated on the ground floor, next to the front hallway, at the bottom of the stairs. It has 10 tables with free standing chairs. This can be easily rearranged to suit.
- Catering facilities for the Guest House are on the ground floor opposite the Dining Room.
- The entrance hall is a Victorian Mosaic Tiled floor and is uncarpeted
- Lighting in Public areas, Halls. Dining and Lounge areas is provided by Chandelier and recessed lighting (LED) which gives a bright environment after dark and enhances ambient light during the day as necessary.
- Large Windows throughout the ground and first floor give a very high level of ambient light. 2nd floor windows are smaller and extra ambient light is obtained through feature Velox type windows
- Heating is provided via under floor heating throughout except in the main hallway which has two blown air heaters mounted at ceiling level.
- All rooms have LCD TV’s with Freeview. All rooms have tea/coffee making facilities provided via a Tassimo machine and individual Capsules of varied type, replenishment on request at no charge.
- All Rooms have en-suite facilities with power showers , body jets and ‘rain’ heads, 1 bedroom has a Steam Pod shower unit
- All bedrooms are fitted with duvets and pillows with extra of both readily available.
- The temperature of each guest bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls mounted on the wall.
- Each room has storage space which consists of hanging space, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets.
- Excellent lighting is provided via recessed and hanging lights as well as table/floor lighting.
- Writing desk and chairs are provided in each room
- All rooms have Super King Sixe beds with exception of 1 which has King Size bed.
- Robes are provided for our guests use and soft towels of various sizes also provided
- Complimentary toiletries are provided in each room and we also have a stock of supplies to make available if guests have forgotten their own (toothbrush, shaver etc)
- A DVD player, iPod Docking Station and Alarm Radio are provided in each room.
- Curtains are designed to provide near blackout condition when drawn.
Grounds and Gardens
- Substantial gardens surround the property to a total of approx 3 acres. Some areas are laid to Lawns and borders some are more natural and we have a 1 acre paddock which is kept mown. On the peripheries of the grounds are some wilder areas that are not cultivated but provide sanctuary for wildlife, such an area is our ‘stumpery’.
- We have a large pond in the grounds which is fed from a natural spring.
- We are fully covered in all areas by fire detectors which have an integral alarm fitted to the detector. Each fire detector will alarm if any one of them is activated so it is imperative to advise us if any guest will have difficulty in hearing such alarms in the event of fire. The alarms are activated by smoke/heat detectors in all rooms and alternatively by ‘break glass’ type manual call points at strategic locations and all exits.. We are totally non-smoking throughout the house and grounds.
- There are fire extinguishers in the entrance hall and on the upstairs landings.
- We are able to use the front door should evacuation be necessary. The fire alarm rings continuously if evacuation is needed. If you need assistance in this kind of emergency (e.g. hearing impairment) please let us know on arrival and we will ensure that you are evacuated safely. Emergency exit is through the rear of the building. Fire assembly point is the car park in front of the building.
- All common areas are covered by emergency lighting in the event of power failure; these lights will provide 30 mins illumination in the case of power failure.
- The proprietors are on-site resident
- Evening meals can be taken at our in house dining room.
- A selection of books and DVD’s are available in the common area.
- This statement can be printed in large type to any size if required.